This post is sponsored by J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines. All content including opinions are always our own. Thank you for supporting our blog and the brands we love to share!
We loved turning our backyard fire pit area into an outdoor dining space for an early evening dinner with our family! We created a fresh herb centerpiece full of basil, thyme, rosemary, sage, and parsley for our guests to clip and garnish their dinner themselves.
Lemon Wine Pasta Sauce
- 1/2 cup J. Lohr Arroyo Vista Chardonnay
- 1 Meyer Lemon (zest and juice)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2-3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 box Gluten Free Fettuccini (our favorite brand is Barilla)
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1/4 cup Whipping Cream
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Fresh Thyme & Basil for garnish
Optional Side : Rainbow Tomatoes with Arugula
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water. Once the pasta is finished cooking, scoop out about 1 cup of the pasta water and set aside before draining.
- After draining the pasta, add olive oil to the pasta and set aside until the sauce is finished.
- Add garlic and butter to a pan and cook until garlic starts to turn golden.
- Add in the wine and lemon juice and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the 1 cup of reserved pasta water, stir, and then add in the parmesan cheese stirring until melted.
- Add whipping cream and lemon zest, simmer for about 1 minute.
- Pour the sauce over the noodles.
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh Thyme and Basil
Serve warm with fresh rainbow tomatoes, arugula, and a glass of chilled J. Lohr Arroyo Vista Chardonnay.