We painted our sunroom dark! You can see when we first shared it here, and I’d say it is about 90% finished… we still have a few things left to do, so while this isn’t an official reveal, we have been enjoying our time in here in the mornings and it has especially made for the perfect cozy space to wrap gifts this season and I wanted to share some simple Christmas decor in here with you today!
Get the Look
Looking for more Sunroom sources? Shop our Home!
We kept things simple by hanging a mini pinecone wreath on the mirror, fresh cedar in a basket, hand-painted ornaments in a tray, a fur pelt, and holiday-scented candle.
I love this pillow combo and how it adds pattern and color while still being neutral.
After seeing so many great DIY ornaments this holiday season, I decided to try one which was repurposing old or cheap ornaments by painting them with a paint and baking soda mixture.
Elevate Your Wreath
How We Hang Cafe Curtains
We took you along in Instagram stories as we hung this cafe curtain, and below I am sharing the materials we used and how we like to hang our cafe curtains. You can see in our main bath and guest bath we hung our cafe curtains using a wooden dowel as the rod, and that is what we used in the sunroom too. We used a 5/8″ Oak Dowel, but since this size dowel only comes in 36″ length and our window opening was around 70″ from inside to inside, we had to add a 1×2 piece of trim in between our windows for the cup hooks to attach to to hold the dowel rods in place.
- Brass Cup Hooks
- 5/8″ Oak Dowel
- 1x 2 Trim
- Liquid Nails to attach the trim
- Stain for Dowel (we used Special Walnut)
- Curtains (we used full-length curtains that we hemmed to be 30″ in length)
- Paint and Attach a 1x piece of trim using liquid nails (if your window opening spans larger than 36″ and if this is applicable)
- Screw the cup hooks into the center piece of trim
- Bend the cup hooks for the sides using pliers- the left screw will be bent to the left and the right will be bent to the right
- Screw in the side cup hooks
- Stain your oak dowels
- Slide your dowel through the curtains
- Place your dowels into the hooks
- Sunroom Paint Color : Sherwin-Williams Urbane Bronze
- Mirror, Vintage
- Frames, Vintage
- Side Table, Vintage
- Match Striker
- Coffee Mug
- Sconces, Vintage
- Coffee Table
- Basket Vase
- Woven Tray
- DIY Corner Bench
- Bench Fabric
- Fur Pelt
- Real Wax Flameless Candles
- Cup Hooks
- Oak Dowel
- Oak Dowel Stain : Special Walnut